Monday, September 29, 2014

So Strong. So Soothing. So Smooth: Lineage Coffee of South Africa

Craig Charity is the man of the day. At least in my book.

Photo: lineagecoffee.com
Photo: DailyFix.co.za
While it's #NationalCoffeeDay here in the USA, and we get all kinds of freebies (See USA Today's list here), I thought I could highlight an awesome barista in South Africa - let's make this #InternationalCoffeeDay

On dailyfix.com in March, Charity said:
‘I want to open people’s mind’s and taste buds to experiential coffee rather than just keep-me-awake coffee. My demonstrations will focus on creating specialty coffees and I’m hoping to create real Alice in Wonderland experience with tastes no-one’s tried before.’
The ads for Lineage coffee give off that Alice in Wonderland feel as well. I think that they match the personality of the #1 Barista in South Africa for 2014.

So soothing
So strong
So smooth
Are the ads effective?

It may be helpful to note that they are postcards.

I think yes.

Whimsical. The font chosen matches the way that the models feel. And make no mistake: You can see very clearly in the corner that the ad is for Lineage Coffee.

The ads are fun and quirky. I would definitely read the back of one if I received one. And if I ever go to South Africa, I plan to hit up Lineage Coffee

So yes. In honor of #InternationalCoffeeDay , Charity, you win.

Great ads. Clever. Now, Charity, you better mail me one :)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment