Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dali-Inspired Perrier Ads

I took this photo close to the Garre St. Lazarre in Paris summer of 2010. When I passed it, I was immediately intrigued. There were several around the Arrondissement that I stayed and after a couple days I had to snap a photo because it was so cool. Every time I'd pass one I'd notice because was so miserably hot (maybe because I was there during the heat wave). I think what caught my eye was how everything was melting. It makes the passerby wonder if the bathingsuit is going to fall off or if the shoe is sticky. You might think "Can she pick up her camera and sunglasses or purse and phone?" It creates a sense of movement even though it's just a poster. Another part of it that I kept noticing was how much skin on the models was showing.

I think these ads could work anywhere because even if it’s cold, people work, they get tired and need something refreshing which is exactly the benefit of Perrier that this advertisement is promoting.

Here are the ads in plain view:



No comments:

Post a Comment